Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thanks, Harris Teeter

One of the local big-box grocery stores in North Carolina (and other southeastern cities) is Harris Teeter. I've spoken with some of their "suits" recently when there, thanking them for the energy they're putting into stocking organic produce. The quality varies, but it is no worse than EarthFare which should put Harris Teeter to shame in this category.

Harris Teeter does a nice job of drawing attention to its organic produce -- there is even more than what is evident in these two pictures.

IMG_0260

IMG_0261

It's important to tell retailers when they're doing stuff that's good (and not good). I do both. I've discovered my age and gray hair gets the attention of younger managers and they listen. So I'm using that bully pulpit as often as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment