Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Finally!

Finally -- I heard this morning about a dedicated organic/vegetarian restaurant in the Charlotte area: The Sweet Pea Café.

Sort of in our area, anyway. It's located in (what used to be) the small town of Concord, NC, which is northeast of Charlotte and now part of the Charlotte sprawl. Since I'm on the south side of Charlotte between Matthews and Indian Trail (see the same Google map at the previous link), it looks to be about a 30-minute drive via freeway.

The menu looks great. They apparently have been there for four years but today is the first I have heard of them. Their web site home page testifies to the famine in our area: "The region's only vegetarian and organic restaurant." (If anybody knows of other such places to eat, please let me know.)

I'll report back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment