Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend Visitors

Received nice visits from Daniel (and fam) and David this weekend. Dave (lives in Philadelphia) called late Friday afternoon while en route to Charlotte for Mother's Day and spent the night at my house Friday night. He was on his way Saturday morning but we had a good visit. Alas, even though he and I talked extensively about blogs and documenting our movements with digital cameras, neither he nor I pulled out our cameras to take pictures. So once again Dave comes and goes without me getting a snap.

Monday 5-12-8 update! Jen to the rescue -- she sent me one of her pix that has David in it. Thanks, Jen!

Dave:Dan:E:A

Daniel, Jennifer, Ellen, and Arianna came up from Columbia, SC, to see Dave while he was in town and came by before heading back to Columbia. Did manage to get a few snaps while they were at the house.

We went through a bunch of packs of seeds I had saved that they might use for their garden -- including some seeds from trees/fruit trees that I had saved from the house I grew up in in Alabama. I gathered those seeds as we were getting the house ready to sell after my mother passed away. This picture taken by ARIANNA!

IMG_1340

Two more pictures of the seed-sorting process (note the clover necklaces on mom and the girls -- clover flowers aplenty from Granddaddy's yard that desperately needed mowing):

IMG_1342

IMG_1348

Then Dave Matthews came by to play a couple of hits on my 1969 Martin D-18. (He wasn't just posing; actually playing!)

IMG_1350

IMG_1351

Then a couple of members of the 2020 United States Olympic Scooter Team gave us a little demo:

1 comment:

  1. "Good job, Granddaddy, good job...(smile)!"

    ReplyDelete