Saturday, April 17, 2010

What I Want for Christmas

Someday when I'm rich and famous I'll buy a piece of furniture made by the Thos Moser furniture company—for the pure pleasure of owning a piece of art crafted from wood. In the interim, I unashamedlly submit my request for the following piece to be delivered to me next Christmas : the six-foot tall Thos Moser vertical double display case. (The price isn't even listed on their web site. I guess if you have to ask . . . .)

Picture 1

I run no risk of offense in my request since I have no friends (that I know of) well-heeled enough to bestow such a gift. But it's a pleasure just to consider. I would remove the glass shelves and use it as a dust-proof instrument case: fiddles, banjos, and uke hanging on the back wall, guitars on stands in the foreground, optional down lights installed to illuminate the beauty of wood inside and out. I would pretend I am proficient enough on the instruments to invest in their protection and preservation with something as beautiful as this case.

1 comment: