Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sunflower Sprouts

Hadn't sprouted sunflowers over the last couple of years and when I tried again recently, the seeds failed to sprout. So ordered new seeds and they sprouted promptly. I didn't know that sunflower seeds could "go bad" over time, but apparently they can.

Based on my previous experience, these sprouts will get about twice this tall, but they're ready now for clipping and eating in salads, sandwiches, and as a snack. They're easy to grow -- let me know if you'd like instructions:

IMG_0766


IMG_0767


IMG_0768

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy. I just want to stick my face down in there and start chewing! Are they good?
    daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee-lish. I had some tonight. I think ya'll had some one time when I grew them before -- I remember the girls liking 'em. If I can time it right, I'll bring a tray to Ellen's b'day.

    ReplyDelete