Wednesday, May 5, 2010

YardFarm

Taken this morning in my tiny front yard garden spaces.

A beautiful, HUGE (8-9" across) zucchini female flower:

IMG_2342

The backside of the same flower with the new zucchini at the base:

IMG_2343

Russian kale coming up:

IMG_2344

Yellow squash:

IMG_2345

Several varieties of tomato:

IMG_2346

Peppers in a pot:

IMG_2347

America and Bordeaux spinach in a planter:

IMG_2348

Basil coming up:

IMG_2350

Intensive gardening:

IMG_2353

Mint, flowering dill, and oregano (growing in kitty litter buckets):

IMG_2354

Aloe in a row (begging to be separated and re-potted). When cooking pasta recently, pouring off the boiling water, I managed to pour a stream of near boiling water over my index finger while holding the pot. It turned red, and within a couple minutes I could see a large blister forming. I immediately cut a large stem of aloe, split it open lengthwise, and taped it around my finger and kept it there the rest of the day until bedtime. I then removed it and coated the finger with wheatgrass cream and bandaged it, then another piece of aloe the next morning. After 24 hours, my finger was fine. No pain, no redness, no blister—from what I'm guessing amounted to a second-degree burn. Everybody should keep aloe handy:

IMG_2356

No comments:

Post a Comment