Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tip 'o the Hat to Dave

My son, Dave (ver. 2.0), sent a link to a hilarious article in The Onion. If you're not familiar with The Onion, it's the funniest pseudo-news source on the Internet. Brilliantly subtle, you think you're reading real news until you find yourself thinking, "What . . . ?"

When The Onion first went online years ago, I laughed and laughed at an article they wrote about a massive airlift of vowels into the former Soviet satellite countries (the "-stan" countries). If this isn't funny to you, look on a map and study the names of these countries for a few minutes.

The article Dave referenced today is a brilliant jab at the fact that many people (in this article, many young people) have never read an actual book. Thanks, Dave.

2 comments:

  1. What does "ver. 2.0 and 3.0" stand for? I figure it has something to do with birth order but I can't think of what it stands for.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right -- just being silly. Child 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc. If Daniel and David had been identical twins I guess Daniel would be 1.1 (born first) and David 1.2.

    Too much time on my hands. :-)

    ReplyDelete