Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oprah's Cleansing Diet

Oprah Winfrey has started a 21-day cleansing diet and said the first day "wasn't hard at all." I can see why. Here's what she had to eat on the first day of her cleansing diet, in her words (formatted by me to make it easier to read):
•Breakfast: steel-cut oatmeal with fresh blueberries, strawberries, chopped walnuts and a splash of soy milk and some agave nectar.

•Lunch: chunky mushroom soup with wild rice and pecans.

•Snack: a handful of roasted almonds.

•Dinner: a baked potato drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper with a salad of shredded lettuce, cranberries, pine nuts and tiny orange slices with a vinegar and oil dressing.
Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Oprah's 21-day cleansing diet looks like a vegan's 365-day regular diet. Hello?! How much better would she (everyone) be in terms of inner cleanliness if she/they ate that kind of diet all the time?

1 comment:

  1. Right on. That is more overall food and less good veggies then I eat on an average day. She is undoubtedly more active than I am (her personal trainers and all) but still!

    I would like her to post the regular list. I guess "cleansing" is relative to what is "regular". A bit of objectivity anyone?

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete