Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Annual Setting of the Cages

Put the tomato cages out in the front garden this past weekend and the birds immediately found them. I took tons of pictures last summer of birds perched on the cages -- they just seem to like it, as do I.

The ubiquitous finches (I originally said "wren") were the first on deck: (5-28-08 update: My birdwatching son, Daniel, told me this is not a wren but more likely a finch. Not being very knowledgeable, I tend to call anything that is little and that looks like a "sparrow" a wren -- probably meaning finch as in "house finch." Checking my Field Guide (which Daniel gave me and which I should have checked) I can see he is right. Definitely a finch-family cage-sitter, not a wren-family. Always happy to get the facts straight -- thanks to all who keep me honest.)

Finch Fixed

IMG_1355

No comments:

Post a Comment