Friday, April 18, 2008

Weekend Salsa Alert!

Sadly, my local Earthfare store has been out of juicing carrots most of this week so I dashed over to Costco to get gas and -- organic BunnyLove carrots. Yep, Costco is now selling 10# bags of organic California carrots -- these carrots are slightly smaller than the honkers in the 25# bags of BunnyLove juicing carrots, but organic.

While there I picked up a large 48 oz. container of mango salsa ($4.99). THIS IS THE BEST SALSA I HAVE EVER TASTED. I'm not a huge salsa person since you have to eat chips to enjoy it. But this stuff is amazing. Not organic, but filled with large chunks of mangos, peppers, etc. Literally, the best I have ever tasted. The temperature rating is "Medium," which is usually pushing it for me, but I found this to be a very comfortable medium.

So, for the salsa addicts out there like Daniel, if you know someone going to Costco give this stuff a try. It's in the cold food section -- another good sign: it's not filled with preservatives; has to be kept cold.

1 comment:

  1. Good evenin'...

    Yay, California saved the day, glad you found your organic carrots. Papaya salsa is my favorite...you may like to try it in a salad of field greens with avocado, chopped tomato and what ever else you like (try raw sweet corn)...awesome and no salad dressing (or chips!) needed.

    His Blessings, mi amigo...Priscilla

    PS...Have you ever seen a corn zipper for raw corn?

    ReplyDelete