Monday, February 22, 2010

Real Food Charlotte

My daughter, Elizabeth, and I ate lunch today at a new, small, vegetarian/vegan/raw restaurant—Real Food Charlotte. The food was GREAT! (Recommended by daughter Anna, by the way!)

We both had a vegan veggie calzone that came with a mixed greens/grains salad and shared a bowl of miso soup with noodles that came with small pitas and a dollop of the best almond butter I have ever tasted. Every time I eat food in this kind of restaurant I am blown away by the flavors. The calzone must have a dozen different raw veggies inside it and the mini-pitas had a flavor I had never tasted in a pita bread before. Really nice staff as well.

We had already started eating when I remembered to ask Lizzie to take some pictures with her phone-camera, so the plates are a bit messy. But the food was great!

photo

photo3

2 comments:

  1. Must Try. Had an excellent vegetarian Indian Meal at Copper on East Blvd. Not organic to my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chuckles -- Not familiar with Copper -- thanks for the tip. Had a five-course vegan Thai meal recently. Interesting that so much SE Asia cuisine is naturally vegetarian or vegan since it's been their tradition for millennia -- especially Indian where animals are sacred, etc. We think vegan is weird, they think its mostly normal!

    ReplyDelete