Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Economy Car

Last time I bought gas for my car I set the trip odometer in order to check my mileage. Refilled my tank today with 7.304 gallons after driving 246.2 miles, which results in 33.71 mpg. And those are all in-town, stop-and-go miles, so I'm assuming highway mileage would be even better. I like it!

I drive under 60 mph (usually), skip at least one of the lower gears when I can, start and stop slowly, and keep my tires inflated. Signs of old age, I guess, but I think these all contribute to better mileage.

Every time I begin thinking about replacing my 1987 Honda I realize I'd be driving something that would likely not get as good mileage as I currently get. So I press on. Am really thankful for the divine blessing of a car that meets my needs so economically. Thank You, Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so couldn't you give us the ole odometer reading? I never get tired of hearing it. Oh, and consider the Honda Shadow for your next automobile. I get about 50mpg in town, and while showing off. J/K.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. 291,016.2 miles.

    At 33 mpg, that means the car has used 8,818.7 gallons of gas in its lifetime.

    I'd love to have a Shadow one day -- or something similar. I actually looked at Corvettes online the other day, then got back on my meds.

    ReplyDelete