Monday, July 13, 2009

Lovely Tomato

I've taken a lot of yard pics in the last couple of weeks but haven't had time to post them. So I'll put this one that I took this morning of my favorite tomato plant. I've kept the suckers trimmed off it and it has reciprocated by putting a lot of energy into fruit-bearing. I thought it was an heirloom Brandywine that I started from some saved seeds, but seeing its prolific output I'm not sure -- though it does have the large potato-type leaves of an heirloom. There are 19 tomatoes growing and no sign of the soil-borne virus that attacks tomatoes so frequently. I'll definitely save some of these seeds to try to duplicate it in the future.

IMG_1615

1 comment:

  1. You've got more maters on that bush then I got off all of my heirlooms. Way to go. They look great. Beautiful. Heirloom or not they'll be good.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete