Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Fun

Anna sent me the following puzzle. How would you answer?

3 men go to a hotel and rent a room.
The manager tells them it is $30 so they each hand him a ten dollar bill.
Later that day the manager realizes he gave the men the wrong price. The room is actually only $25.
He gives the bell boy 5 one dollar bills and asks him to refund it to the men.
The bellboy keeps $2 for himself and gives the men back $3 which means they ended up paying $9 each for a total of $27. If they payed $27 and the bellboy kept $2 where did the other dollar go?


Delicious Bookmark this post on Delicious

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, my friend...

    Alright, I was so "puzzled" that I gave in and googled the answer (smile). It was fun, thanks for sharing...any more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good move, Prisc. I didn't think about Google, but I looked and it's all over the place! I guess that's where Anna got it. Who thinks of these things?

    ReplyDelete