Monday, August 25, 2008

New Book

Over the last year or two I've written more than 500 short devotional "readings" for Turning Point Ministries (David Jeremiah). The ministry has used them in a variety of ways (audio CD's to listen to in the car, etc. -- I even hear them while on hold when talking with folks by phone at their ministry office in California -- to me, more interesting than listening to music).

They took around 150 of them and put them into a new book, along with an accompanying Bible verse for each daily reading: 1 Minute a Day—Instant Inspirations for the Busy Life. While the book is published by Thomas Nelson, one of the biggest Christian publishers, I don't see it on Amazon, etc. I think Turning Point is using it only as a gift book for donors within their ministry.

Anyway, nice to see one's efforts being put to good use (as Turning Point does with everything I write for them). (Since I've been asked various forms of the "writing credit" question, credit is given on the copyright page: "Special thanks to William Kruidenier for assistance in writing 1 Minute a Day.")

book

No comments:

Post a Comment