Saturday, July 26, 2008

Miso Happy

Back to the soy discussion -- one of the kinds of fermented soy that I've been interested in learning about is miso (pronounced mee-so). I stumbled across this tiny company in Massachusetts that makes small batches of organic miso in the Japanese tradition: South River Miso. Unfortunately, they don't ship products during the summer. There is quite a lot of information about miso on their web site. I plan to go back in "the fall" to check on prices and ordering (and getting a "Miso Happy" T-shirt).

[P.S. I'm adding this note after posting the above. The Flock web browser I use has a built in blog editor which means you can post something that you find on the Internet directly to your blog without having to go through Blogger.com > new post, etc. When I first started using Flock a few months ago the blog editor never seemed to work well, so I stopped using it. But I tried it when posting the South River Miso info above directly from their web site -- and it worked perfectly. By that I mean that the formatting I use for my posts was duplicated -- it looks just like a post I would have made from blogger.com. For people who blog, use the social networking sites, etc., Flock has more built-in conveniences than any other browser.]

No comments:

Post a Comment