Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More Power to Him

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, the group that was all over Al Gore a year or so ago for his inefficient lifestyle regarding utility consumption at his personal residence, is back on the case. They reported today that Gore's electric consumption -- even after he installed solar panels, a geo-thermal system, upgraded windows and ductwork, and, of course, the requisite green lightbulbs -- was up by 10% from a year ago. I checked my own KWH's (kilowatt hours) used on my most recent electric bill and discovered that my electric consumption was up last month by 9% over the same month a year ago. (I have no idea why.) So I'm as guilty as he is.

Al Gore's average residential electric consumption per month at his
home is 17,768 KWHs per month (by comparison, mine was 779 last month). Gore's bill for electricity comes to $16,533 PER MONTH (average)!

I don't begrudge the man his energy consumption -- more power to him, so to speak. I'm just curious as to what one does in a home that results in an electric bill of $16,533 per month. Maybe it's the three 30" Apple Cinema displays he has connected to his Mac. If I could afford them, or the power to run them, my bill would probably be higher as well:

Gore' Office

No comments:

Post a Comment