Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Need for Speed

The only time I ever feel like a computer geek (I mean that in a positive way) is when I go into my Mac to install more memory or other components. Added two more gigs of RAM today and a replacement DVD/CD drive a few weeks ago. But Apple makes it so easy -- the inside of the computer is as elegantly designed and easy to access as the visual elements of the software.

(Caveat: OS X Leopard has slowed my Mac down. No question Leopard requires more horsepower. But adding the RAM will help. My computer is about four years old and is slower than any Macs on the market now, so I'll eventually have to get a faster one to keep up with the demands of audio/video.)

I've seen so many news reports lately on how Apple is making inroads into the Windows domain: Leopard vs. Vista -- no contest. And sales of Macs, and market share (not to mention music and movies), are steadily increasing. A Mac user since 1984, I'm one of those who, at this point, couldn't be more satisfied with my computer.

This picture doesn't do justice to the elegance of the interior. Adding the new RAM took 10 minutes. Cool.

IMG_0334

No comments:

Post a Comment