Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Whoa!

I hate to do two Idol posts in a row, but I was amazed at how they closed the big three-hour "Idol Gives Back" segment tonight: with a full-blown version of Darlene Zschech's song, "Shout to the Lord." The eight finalists, plus a robed gospel choir, sang it beautifully -- and with all the original words as far as I could tell, except for the biggest NO-NO of them all: "Jesus." Instead of the opening line being "My Jesus, my Savior . . ." they sang "My Shepherd, my Savior." Still, it's more than I would have expected from network TV:



2 comments:

  1. Hey dad. I got nothing to say about Idol, but thanks for the reminder about that beautiful voice of Kamakawiwo. That was fun to watch again. And welcome back to blog world.
    Post or perish...
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott and I found it a little mind blowing that the group would be singing Shout to the Lord. Our mouths fell open actually. I can imagine that for most "church goers" this would score some major points. Not that Idol needs much help at this point.

    ReplyDelete